Katie: I wanted to make a special treat to celebrate the long Easter weekend, but was looking for something unconventional. This recipe for Smoky Margaritas was definitely what I was looking for! I found it on the McCormick website, which actually has several interesting looking recipes, and is where I also found the recipe for my Sweet Potato Winter Vegetable Pot Pie. Since we’ve had warm weather here in Germany lately, these were the perfect was to end a summerly spring evening. If you’re feeling adventurous, here’s how to make them:
Smoky Margaritas (from the McCormick website)
- 3 tablespoons sea salt*
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, divided*
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (I used 5 small limes)
- 6 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 ounces tequila (1/4 cup)
- Mix sea salt and 1 tablespoon of the smoked paprika on a small plate. Dip glasses in prepared lime juice to wet the outside rims. Dip glasses into the sea salt mixture to coat.
- Fill cocktail shaker with 2 cups of ice. (I don’t have a cocktail shaker, so I used a metal thermos bottle.) Add lime juice, agave nectar, tequila and remaining 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika; shake until well mixed and chilled. Pour into prepared glasses.