Katie: Just because we don’t have the last Thursday and Friday in November off here in Germany doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate Thanksgiving a little. Although it was sad not being able to celebrate with my family, I tried a few different new recipes to bring the feeling of Thanksgiving to our home. Here’s what I made:
- turkey cutlets seasoned with salt, pepper, and dried thyme (definitely not comparable to real roasted turkey, but I’m not sure if German ovens are even big enough to fit a turkey)
- Cranberry Sauce (cooking it with a cinnamon stick added a nice flavor)
- Mashed Honey-Roasted Sweet Potatoes (they were really thick, so I added some water and apple cider which worked well)
- Roasted Applesauce (I’ve never made applesauce in the oven before, but it was really good)
- Stuffin’ Cups (stuffing made in a muffin pan)
The only thing missing was a pumpkin pie… I might just have a pumpkin hidden somewhere to still make one. 🙂 I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!