Katie: I’ve been busy cooking lots of different things this weekend and last weekend for Flori’s birthday. We were busy trying to accommodate our guests, so we didn’t get too many pictures, but here’s of glimpse of what I made:
For Flori’s family, I made Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake and Festive Apple Galette. They were nice seasonal choices and both tasted really good. I had originally considered only making one dessert, but we only had a few pieces of the pumpkin dessert left over, so I’m glad I made both!
For the party with Flori’s friends, I served:
- Roasted Vegetable Soup (not pictured; Mom’s recipe)
- Chewy Italian Bread (a nice accompaniment to the soup)
- Vegetables with Roasted Red Pepper and Cannellini Dip
- Grapes (seedless!)
- Tomato-Mozzarella Skewers (Flori’s contribution)
- Apple slices (brushed with lemon water to keep from browning) with Pumpkin Dip (not pictured; a very yummy dip with pumpkin puree, cream cheese, and a little maple syrup)
- Fig and Goat Cheese Bruschetta (very delicious and could be prepared ahead of time and put in the oven right before serving)
- Mini Pumpkin Muffins (adapted from this recipe, but with part whole wheat flour and brown sugar)
- Cinnamon-Spiced Date Cookies (which I’ve made for Christmas before, but was a good sweet treat for the party)
It was a lot of preparation, but everyone seemed to like the food and had a good time at the party.