Katie: I spotted some more fresh figs this weekend, and decided to try making a fig pizza this time. Although I found a few recipes on other food blogs, I couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for. I ended up improvising, mostly using parts of this recipe and this one. Here’s how I did it:
- Prepare pizza dough (I used this recipe, with half whole wheat flour).
- Bake crusts for 5 minutes at 475 degrees.
- Brush crusts lightly with olive oil.
- Add toppings: caramelized onions, sliced fresh figs, sliced brown mushrooms sauteed with garlic, and crumbled goat cheese.
- Lightly drizzle a little bit of balsamic vinegar and honey over pizzas.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh rosemary and basil, freshly ground black pepper, and sea salt.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until crust is done and cheese starts to melt.